Annual Conference 2014
TRENDS IN GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS: BREAKING DOWN SILOS TO EMBRACE CONVERGENCE
8-9 OCTOBER 2014
The Schonbrunn Palace Conference Centre was a delightful back drop to the IIC's 45th Annual Conference and the former Stock Exchange, the Palais Ferstel, provided a glittering arena for our annual gala dinner.
Key discussion Themes
Global spectrum policy: Promoting efficiencies
- Incentivising public spectrum owners to identify and release underused spectrum?
- What are the right "components" of an optimal auction design?
- Shared spectrum, licensed and unlicensed paradigms, what are the global benchmarks?
Internet governance: Reaching consensus
- NETMundial Conference consequences and direction of travel
- Key issues for all players: Industry, society, end-users, regulators...
- What does an effective model look like? Are changes needed? Including within ICANN?
Investment, innovation and competition: Time for change?
- Looking beyond US and EU for inspiration and benchmarking
- US v EU models - the industrial pillars and policy objectives of each model examined
- Who is leading and in what?
AC 2014 PHOTO GALLERY
MACHINE TO MACHINE WORKSHOP
TUESDAY 7 OCTOBER 2014
Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications have already demonstrated the potential to maximize efficiency, productivity, and social welfare in fields as diverse as education, healthcare, transportation, energy, security and home automation, agriculture, and government.