Annual Conference 2018
thE 49TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
10-11 October 2018
Av. Paseo de la Reforma, #325
Mexico City, C.P. 06500
The IIC’s 49th Annual Conference takes place this year in Mexico City, following the International Regulators’ Forum. Around 250 senior executives and public policy-makers in the TMT sphere come together from across the globe to discuss big picture themes affecting the communications community. The key themes for this year have been announced, and are displayed below. In addition, a number of workshops and breakout sessions will take place over the two days.
Expert speakers from around the world will gather in Mexico City to participate in the International Regulators’ Forum and Annual Conference. The latest list of speakers can be seen below.
All sessions will have Spanish/English simultaneous translation to ensure maximum participation from all.
Para garantizar la activa participación de todos, todas las sesiones contarán con interpretación simultánea español/inglés.
Click here for information on CPR Week from 8-11 October 2018.
KEY DISCUSSION THEMES
There will also be focused breakout sessions and workshops on themes including:
- Net neutrality and zero rating – regulatory and competition authority approaches
- Privacy and data protection – balancing citizen, consumer and business agendas
- Cyber security and critical national infrastructure protection
- Tackling piracy and copyright protection - internet culture versus copyright
- Game changing technologies - Artificial intelligence / Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Aligning regional/ international spectrum to fuel new innovation opportunities: what comes next?
MAIN EVENTS FOR CPR WEEK
Delegates and speakers have the opportunity to meet informally at the close of the IRF programme ahead of the two-day Conference.
Conference Gala Dinner
There will be good food and a chance to discuss the day's proceedings.
IIC Annual General Meeting
11 October 2018
For Members, Trustees and Directors