IIC Canada Annual Meeting of Members
14 May 2019
The Canadian chapter (IIC Canada) held its Annual Meeting of Members (AMM) on May 14, 2019. A number of changes were made to the composition of the Board of Directors and Executive of IIC Canada at this meeting and a subsequent meeting of the Board or Directors.
Grant Buchanan, Counsel with McCarthy Tétrault LLP, was elected as President of IIC Canada, replacing Hank Intven, who had served in that position for the past five years. Marie-Phillipe Bouchard, CEO of TV5 Quebec Canada, was elected Vice-President and Paul Beaudry, Director, Broadband Policy and Regulatory Affairs at TELUS Communications Inc., was elected Secretary-Treasurer.
Jim Patrick, who had served as Treasurer for many years, has stepped aside from that position, but will be retained by IIC Canada to continue his key role in organizing and staging the chapter’s annual conferences. The Board is grateful for Jim’s contribution to the success of its annual conferences in past years and pleased that he will continue to support the chapter in his new role.
The board is also pleased that Donna Lachance will continue on as the Chapter’s administrator.
The following IIC Canada Board members are continuing with their term of office until the 2020 AMM.
- Asha Daniere, Blue Ant Media
- Hank Intven, University of Victoria, Haro Strait Consulting Inc.
- Ian Scott, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Jay Thomson, Canadian Communication Systems Alliance
- Jim Patrick, Jim Patrick & Associates Inc.
- Marie-Philippe Bouchard, TV5 Québec Canada
- Monique McAlister, Goodmans LLP
- Paul Beaudry, TELUS
- Stephen Simpson, Former CRTC Commissioner, IIC Trustee
At the AMM, the members also agreed to re-elect the following individuals whose two-year term will conclude at the 2021 AMM.
- Bryan Tramont, Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP
- Fiona Gilfillan, Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Grant Buchanan, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Laurence Dunbar, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
In addition, two new members were elected to the Board for a two year term:
- Owen Ripley, Department of Canadian Heritage
- Erin Finlay, Stohn Hay Cafazzo Dembroski Richmond LLP
IIC Canada’s next annual conference will be held in Ottawa on April 20th and 21st, 2020.