Key Discussion Themes
What are the priorities and medium-term objectives of new administrations in the region with respect to the converging communications ecosystem?
Building certainty and incentives to promote investment and innovation.
Ensuring access and inclusion
Bridging the digital divide to bring more people online in rural and underserved communities; closing the gender gap.
Competition dynamics and market concentration
How to quantify? How to address? Balancing ex ante / ex post interventions.
Digital content in a highly competitive, OTT world
Creating a virtuous cycle of network access, content consumption, media pluralism and rich, local, content/application creation.
Creating robust data economies
Policy, strategy, trade and the role of regulation to help drive the 'internet of consumption' to become the 'internet of production'.
There will also be focused breakout sessions and workshops on themes including:
- Net neutrality and zero rating – regulatory and competition authority approaches
- Privacy and data protection – balancing citizen, consumer and business agendas
- Cyber security and critical national infrastructure protection
- Tackling piracy and copyright protection - internet culture versus copyright
- Game changing technologies - Artificial intelligence / Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Aligning regional/ international spectrum to fuel new innovation opportunities: what comes next?