International Regulators Forum 2017
9-10 October 2017
Hosted by The bipt
RETHINKING THE PUBLIC POLICY JUSTIFICATIONS FOR REGULATION
The IIC provides a unique environment in which regulatory bodies can meet to discuss often controversial global issues in an independent setting.
Delegates are all senior representatives from national regulatory authorities who meet annually during Communications Policy and Regulation Week. The meetings are conducted in a closed, workshop environment and regulators from around the world lead discussions, debate and share good practice in a collegiate atmosphere.
What our regulator members get out of the IRF
• The IRF enables regulators from different regions and areas of specialism, to keep up to date with technology and to understand what industry and wider society needs from policy pathways
• The IRF gives unique insights in to evolution of markets and emerging trends in different geographies or sectors
• Meetings are conducted under the Chatham House Rule and provide a neutral environment in which to validate understanding of how others are working and learn about different regulatory models
• The meeting takes place over two days with plenty of time to forge strategic and supportive relationships with regulatory peers that will last for years
• Some regulators take the opportunity to showcase work or results from their region or test their thinking with peers and overseas counterparts
Discussion themes for 2017
Other events taking place during Communications Regulation and Policy Week