Implementing practical regulation in a cross-sectoral, cross-jurisdictional world
tuesday 12 february 2019
Chris Chapman, President, International Institute of Communications
Al-Ishsal Ishak, Chairman, The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
09:30 Session 1: setting the scene: key issues to be considerED
10:00 session 2: global issues: connectivity and accessibility as key enablers of digital growth
• Incentivising infrastructure build
• Challenges of connectivity due to geography and demographics
• Minimising the digital divide/addressing the SDGs
11:30 session 3: global issues; data flows, privacy, competition and (cyber) security
• Addressing concerns about privacy of individuals
• Competition in the communications ecosystem: new models
• Cybersecurity – what is both flexible and sustainable?
13:15 session 4: global issues: initiatives to empower the user: consumer protection, measurement and capacity building
• What are possible measurement systems being considered to ensure efficiencies?
• Capacity building: How does one build capacity within the organisation and out into industry and society – is ‘by design’ the answer?
14:30 roundtable: what's happening in your jurisdiction to address the issues? what tools would you want to enable you to perform more effectively? what constitutes good regulAtory practice?
An opportunity to drill down into the key issues for your organisation and share experiences
16:00 Wrap up