IIC Brussels Chapter
INAUGURAL METING OF THE IIC BRUSSELS CHAPTER: 25 April 2017
The IIC Brussels Chapter will examine issues in a holistic way, noting how the policy and regulatory aspects affecting the TMT sector impact on the development (technical, industrial or fiscal) of the matter under consideration.
We are launching the Chapter with a three part series on SMART CARS, the first event in the series being:
Connected thinking – what is a Smart Car?
Squire Patton Boggs Brussels Office
April 25, 5.30pm CET
Connected Car and Autonomous Vehicle are buzz words not only in the automotive industry but also in the digital space. The race to build the fully connected car, and ultimately the completely autonomous vehicle, is already under way. However, there is still uncertainty in the minds of regulators, policy makers and industry players (both from the automotive and digital sectors) on what these terms really mean.
In this first event of our new series inaugurating the IIC Brussels chapter, we will set the scene with an open discussion on the opportunities and risks to be found in the evolving business models, ecosystem, market growth, geographic distribution, and technologies involved in developing the Smart Car. Some key questions include the following:
- What is the role of the telecom, service providers and digital platforms in the development of Smart Cars?
- How will suppliers be transformed by this industry-wide change?
- How will connected car and autonomous vehicle technologies, now in the early stages of development, transform the driving experience and society of tomorrow?
- Is there connected thinking within the EU (e.g. interaction between DG MOVE, DG GROW, DG CNECT, DG JUST within the European Commission, with the Member States, etc.) about Smart Car policy development and regulation?
- Are industry players collaborating competitively, and how are policy makers reacting to the developments?
We are honoured to announce the lead presenter at this inaugural meeting will be Eddy Hartog, Head of Unit for Smart Mobility and Living in DG Communication Networks, Content and Technology. The meeting will be chaired by the Chair of the IIC Brussels Chapter, Francesco Liberatore.
Registration for this event is free of charge. For details on how to register click here.
Head of Unit for Smart Mobility and Living,
DG Communication Networks, Content and Technology
Speaker details to be confirmed.
Partner, Squire Patton Boggs (UK) LLP
Senior Manager European Advocacy, GSMA