New Developments in Communications Law and Policy
Shaw Centre, Ottawa
14 AND 15 NOVEMBER 2017
IIC Canadian Chapter Annual Conference
This conference will bring together leading communications sector players to discuss developments in Canadian and international communications law and policy.
The conference continues the 30-year tradition of an annual event run under the auspices of the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Media and Communications Section of the Canadian Bar Association. IIC Canada is proud to host this important event for the first time this year.
Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), USA
Special Assistant to President for Technology, Telecoms and Cybersecurity, The White House
Chairperson and CEO, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- The CRTC's Enforcement Regime – An assessment of the CRTC's expanding enforcement regimes, authorized by the Telecommunications Act and the Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), with a comparison to other enforcement models.
- Impact of New Technologies on Lawyers and Others
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The conference will be of interest to lawyers, regulators and policy makers, as well as business executives, consultants and academics who need to stay up-to-date on developments affecting the Canadian communications industries.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE
- Research papers on key legal and policy issues
- Regulatory Handbooks on Canadian telecommunications and broadcasting law prepared biennially by McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Lawyers will receive Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Credits for 2017, including professionalism credits.