The EU horizon for ICT Policy: DSM as the first convergence-ready framework?
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATIONS
uk CHAPTER EVENT
28 JANUARY 2016 - 5.30-8.00 P.M.
Hosted by Ofcom
Riverside House, 2a Riverside Bridge, London SE1
Read a summary of the event here.
The IIC UK Chapter at OFCOM event looked at the review of the Telecom Framework as well as the AVMSD, but also at the broader context of the Digital Single Market initiative.
The DSM is arguably the first genuine attempt at a holistic EU approach to the ‘convergence industries’, with the impact of the online world permeating most of the EC’s ongoing consultations. In fact, if well executed it could be the first truly 'convergent framework'. Panellists from industry and government presented and debated their viewpoints with the IIC audience, to see what success would look like for the DSM, and how to achieve it.
- Julian Ashworth, Group Industry Policy Director, BT
- Mark Swarbrick, Head, Telecommunications Markets and Regulatory Policy, Department for Culture, Media & Sport
- Simon Milner, Policy Director, UK, Middle East and Africa, Facebook
- Jean-Jacques Sahel, Chair, IIC, UK Chapter
- Monica Arino, Director of International Affairs, Ofcom
- Friday, 06 November 2015