INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATIONS
Italy CHAPTER EVENT
Digital Europe: European and national policies to drive investments,
market development and competition
12 January 2016
HOSTED BY AUTORITÀ PER LE GARANZIE NELLE COMUNICAZIONI
VIA ISONZO 21 / B, 00198 ROMA
On 6 May 2015 the European Commission presented the “Digital Single Market Strategy for Europe”, with the target to establish “a single market in order to adapt electronic communications to the digital revolution”. On 11 September 2015, the Commission launched a public consultation on the evaluation of the legal and regulatory framework for the electronic communications sector. In order to foster this development, three main targets are to be achieved: 1. Ensuring a better access for consumers and businesses to online goods and services across Europe; 2. Creating the right conditions and a level playing field for digital networks and services to flourish; 3. Maximizing the growth potential of the European digital economy.
The outcome of this evaluation might have important consequences on sector policies and institutional assets, at the European and national level. Therefore, this year the joint AGCOM – IIC meeting aimed at providing participants with a better understanding of all these topics, via an open exchange of views and experiences from the main Countries in Europe.
- Wilhelm Eschweiler, Chairman Berec, BNetzA (Germany)
- President and Commissioners of Agcom, Representatives of European Commission and National Communications Regulatory Authorities (Germany, France, Italy)
- CEOs/top representatives of Vodafone, Wind, Fastweb, Telecom Italia
- Fabio Colasanti, President of the IIC
- Professor Augusto Preta, President of the Italian Chapter of the IIC
Read the Summary of the event here
- Monday, 14 September 2015