WEDNESDAY 15 May 2019
Andrea Millwood Hargrave, Director General, International Institute of Communications
09:20 Session 1: Regulating the Content Market
- What are the competition/merger/share of voice issues and how can they be addressed in a transnational marketplace?
- How will changes to intellectual property and copyright licensing impact TV content delivered by our Cable TV operators?
- Is there a need for national content providers and, if so, who will pay for them?
11:00 Session 2: Promoting digital inclusion and deployment of infrastructure
- Minimising the digital divide/addressing the SDGs
- Has the regulator got the right tools to bring in investment?
- How does the geopolitical situation (such as arguments against using certain equipment manufacturers) affect telecom operators and national infrastructure projects? What can a regulator do?
- Bringing a project to fruition: measuring the KPIs
13:30 Session 3: Disaster/Emergency Preparedness & the Role of the Regulator
- What role does the regulator play in making sure communications services work in a disaster situation?
- How does the regulator determine priorities and create appropriate regulations, especially in a mobile-first world?
- What powers would a regulator need to deploy in a natural disaster, and how does that differ from other emergency situations?
15:15 Session 4: Roundtable: Connectivity and WRC 19 – an opportunity to compare notes
Most countries are in the same zone for radio.
- What are the key concerns?
- What approaches are being taken for the advent of 5G and Digital TV?
16.30 Wrap up and close
18.30 Drinks reception at The Palms Hotel - pre-booking required
All sessions will have Spanish/English simultaneous translation to ensure maximum participation from all.
Para garantizar la activa participación de todos, todas las sesiones contarán con interpretación simultánea español/inglés.