Rules & key dates
2019 IIC future leaders' competition
The IIC 2019 Competition for Future Leaders is a competition run by the International Institute of Communications. By entering the competition, entrants agree to comply with the rules set out below.
The Competition is open to individuals aged 35 and under, working within the TMT policy sector or related academia.
Entries must be the original work of the author and previously unpublished.
- Only 1 submission per person may be made.
- All entries must be submitted by email to Emma Ham. Please put COMPETITION in the subject line.
- Please give your submission a title and, if appropriate, number each page.
- The name, address, contact details and the organisation or institution in which the entrant works should be included either on a separate, detachable sheet or in the covering email. No identifiers should be on the submission itself.
- The Competition will open on 7 May 2019, and the final deadline for entries is 26 July 2019 at 4pm GMT.
- Please note that late submissions will not be accepted.
- There is a panel of judges who will review the submissions.
- Submissions will be evaluated on criteria including original thought and analysis. All submissions will be reviewed anonymously.
- The judges may determine not to award some or all the prizes. The judges’ determinations will be final.
- 7 May 2019 - Competition opens for submissions
- 26 July 2019 - Final deadline for submissions by 4 pm GMT
- 15 August 2019 - Assessment begins
- 5 September 2019 - Winners announced
- 9-10 October 2019 – Overall winner to attend the IIC’s 50th Anniversary Conference in London
THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE IIC
Regulation and regulators are at the heart of the IIC. Discussions among and with them inform the future policy agenda
We provide a neutral space for collegiate debate of complex and controversial topics at the highest level
We take no official policy position, but the solid and meaningful outputs of our discussions are shared with members and form the bedrock of future decision making
We are committed to global and local inclusivity and seek membership from a diverse audience across the converged TMT sector