The IIC is committed to helping policy makers and regulators find the best regulatory and policy frameworks for the widest societal benefit.
IIC membership provides the only independent international forum that brings together statutory national regulators in a collegiate, neutral environment to debate policy issues. There is one International Regulators’ Forum (IRF) each year and other regional events throughout the year. All members receive a report of meetings regardless of whether they are able to attend, and all members receive the IIC’s Yearbook summarising discussions that have taken place throughout the year.
reasons regulators join
- Gain current information and insights
- Build supportive and strategic relationships
- Explore the far-reaching implications of new technology
- Showcase their regulatory work in a collegiate arena
- Get validation and feedback on from international peers
IIC Strategic Partner
Fee £12,000 per year
In an era of near continuous digital disruption, IIC Strategic Partners recognise the work we do in facilitating open discussion around future regulatory models. They work strategically with the IIC to shape the discussions from which wider society can benefit.
- All regulator member organisations can attend TMF and Chapter meetings free of charge
- Partners receive a full report of all meetings, regardless of whether they can attend
- Free copies of the Yearbook, free subscription to InterMedia and invitations to speak at events and meetings
- IIC Regulator Partners are invited to be part of the advisory panel that sets the discussion agenda for IIC meetings
- All members can attend the Annual Conference. Strategic Partners receive a 25% discount on the published fee
- The IIC holds regular intimate dinners for IIC Partners to network in a closed environment
- IIC Partners are acknowledged at events, in signage and on the website
Full Regulator Member (IRF)
Fee £5,000 per year
This level is for the leadership teams of National Regulatory and Competition Authorities. Meetings are conducted under the Chatham House Rule, giving members space to debate often controversial topics in a neutral environment.
- All member organisations can attend TMF and Chapter meetings free of charge
- Members receive a full report of all meetings, regardless of whether they can attend
- Free copies of the Yearbook, free subscription to InterMedia and may be invited to speak at events and meetings
- Only regulators may attend Regional Regulators’ Forums and the International Regulators' Forum
- All members can attend the Annual Conference and regulator members receive at least a 20% discount on the published fee
IIC Future Leaders' Forum
Fee £500 per year
Some of the most innovative and exciting ideas come from emerging markets and moreover, emerging individuals. The IIC gives up-and-coming commissioners a forum in which to build a network and learn from international peers.
- Membership is free to individuals from existing member organisations
- Free subscription to InterMedia
- Invitation to TMF and RRF meetings held in their own region
- Free attendance at Chapter meetings anywhere in the world
- Future Leaders can attend the Annual Conference at a 50% discount and may be invited to some parts of the IRF
The IIC Regulators’ Forum for Small Nations focuses on the opportunities and constraints in media and communications regulation in countries with small populations and or economies.
THE IIC YEARBOOK 2017-2018
The Yearbook, only available to members, captures the discussions, debates and outcomes of conversations that have taken place throughout the year, and looks forward to the key issues that will be debated in 2018.
What are your views on the Sociology of Technology?
The IIC is looking for the people who will shape the future policy agenda for the telecoms, technology and media sectors and be tomorrow’s influencers…
To this end, we ran a competition to encourage and promote original thought in the areas of communications and policy from the future leaders of the sector. We are delighted to announce that the Future Leaders’ Competition winner is Tim Hogg, Consultant at Oxera. Prior to presenting his paper to leading experts at the Annual Conference in Mexico, Mr Hogg was interviewed by Chair of the Judging Panel, Dr Derek Wilding. A brief abstract of Tim's winning entry can be read here and you can watch the video of his presentation here.
Outcomes experienced by some Regulator Members
"The IIC opened my eyes to the understanding that regulatory distortion will exacerbate market distortion if not addressed”
"I was able to see the way forward towards making the shift from static regulation to dynamic regulation"
"It helped me to understand the complementarity of fixed and mobile connectivity and the need to foster collaboration"
"I could see the trend line of increasing open standards in the basic infrastructures of the telecommunications business"
the guiding principles of the iic
Regulation and regulators are at the heart of the IIC. Discussions among and with them inform the future policy agenda
We provide a neutral space for collegiate debate of complex and controversial topics at the highest level
We take no official policy position, but the solid and meaningful outputs of our discussions are shared with members and form the bedrock of future decision making
We are committed to global and local inclusivity and seek membership from a diverse audience across the converged TMT sector