This talk took place on Friday 20th May 2016 as part of the IIC Telecommunications & Media Forum in Miami.
Spectrum updates – best practice coordination, licensing, efficiency and management in the region
• Debating approaches to achieving a harmonized approach to band plans and spectrum management in the region
• License renewal conditions – what are the regulatory approaches to ensure certainty, continuity of service and investment?
• Latin American positions and priorities post WRC-15
• Bridging the digital divide and spectrum sharing – what innovative means are being adopted to exploit underused spectrum bands and improve broadband coverage in rural areas?
• Preparations for the advent of Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G
In the chair
- Jose Luis Ayala Head of Government and Industry Relations for Latin America, Ericsson
- Mindel De La Torre Chief of the International Bureau, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Sebastián Kaplan Director of Regulatory Affairs LATAM, Millicom
- Adriana Labardini Inzunza Commissioner, IFT - Federal Institute of Telecommunications, Mexico
- Maryleana Méndez Jiménez Member of the Board, Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUTEL), Costa Rica
- Sebastian M. Cabello Head of Latin America, GSMA
- Wednesday, 01 June 2016