Consolidation & Competition
Objectives versus realities in a converged environment. What's best for public interest?
This talk took place on Wednesday 8th October 2014 as part of the IIC Annual Conference in Vienna.
- In what substantive ways does the enforcement of the competition / merger control rules differ region to region?
- What are the key drivers of consolidation and what are the future trends?
- What are the implications for the structure of the markets and for competition? What are the regulatory implications?
- How do we move out of the impasse of discussing the same dichotomy of access vs. service competition?
- How do we define markets and assess Significant Market Power in a world of convergence and bundled offerings?
In the Chair
- Paarock VanPercy, Director General, National Communication Authority (NCA) Ghana
- Sophie Moonen, Head of Unit C5 - Information, Communication and Media, DG Competition, European Commission
- Gabrielle Gauthey, Group Corporate Vice President, Global Government Sector and Regulation, Alcatel-Lucent
- Chris Hutchins, Vice President European Policy, Liberty Global
- Michael Jungwirth, Head of Group Regulatory and European Affairs, A1 Telekom Austria AG
- Christoph Wagner, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Wednesday, 08 October 2014