Content futures, consolidation and the new converged ecosystem
This talk took place on Thursday 19th May 2016 as part of the IIC Telecommunications & Media Forum in Miami.
Content futures, consolidation and the new converged ecosystem: How are regulators and industry balancing innovation and consumer demand in the region?
• Where next for the OTT and level playing field debates?
• Navigating the delicate balance between traditional services and new digital offerings
• What's the future for linear channels and basic packages?
• How can public-private efforts to expand access to relevant, local content on the Internet be accelerated in developing countries and marginalized communities more generally?
• What impact is consolidation having in the region?
In the chair
- Chris Chapman President, International Institute of Communications
- Ambassador Daniel A Sepulveda Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, US Department of State
- Paula Karol Pinha Director of Public Policy, Latin America, Netflix
- Javier Tejado Dondé Vice President, Grupo Televisa
- Manuel Kohnstamm Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Liberty Global
- David Geary General Counsel Caribbean, Digicel Group
- Alejandra de Iturriaga Gandini Director for Telecommunications and Audiovisual Sector, Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia (CNMC), Spain; CNMC representative for BEREC
- Wednesday, 01 June 2016