Balancing investment, innovation, demand stimulation and competition
Myths and realities from US, EU and beyond.
This talk took place on Wednesday 8th October 2014 as part of the IIC Annual Conference in Vienna.
- Getting clarity on the consequences of following US versus EU models - what are the industrial pillars and policy objectives of each model?
- Who is leading and in what? Can we agree on a fact base for who is leading / lagging behind based on the choice of indicator: retail prices, investment, cost base, retail competition, coverage, operator turnover, technology deployment, take-up...?
- Comparing targets with outcomes – what have all the policies so far delivered? Outcomes in the fixed and mobile space
In the Chair
- Ed Richards, CEO, Ofcom - Office of Communication
- Carlos López Blanco, Global Head, Public and Regulatory Affairs, Telefónica
- Thomas M. Dailey, Vice President and General Counsel International Operations and Regulatory, Verizon Corporation
- Stuart N. Brotman, Faculty Member, Harvard Law School; Non-resident Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- Carlos López Blanco, Download
- Wednesday, 08 October 2014