Broadcasting in flux
Convergence opportunities and challenges in a connected TV environment.
This talk took place on Thursday 9th October 2014 as part of the IIC Annual Conference in Vienna.
- What particular challenges does convergence pose for public service and commercial broadcasters? What is the remit of a public service broadcasting organisations in a converged world?
- The resilience of linear broadcasting: IPTV and second screening tends to add to existing viewing, not cannibalise it, but for how long may that continue?
- Enabling broadcasters to innovate and move out of sector silos – how can policy & regulation help?
In the Chair
- Michael O'Keeffe, Chief Executive, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Magnus Brooke, Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs, ITV plc
- Dr Bharat Vagadia, Director Regulatory Advocacy & Policy, Ooredoo Qatar
- Thursday, 09 October 2014