Global spectrum policy
Optimising resource allocation and promoting efficiencies for broadband wireless rollout.
This talk took place on Thursday 9th October 2014 as part of the IIC Annual Conference in Vienna.
- Latest demand figures for spectrum based services
- How should governments and regulators best incentivise public spectrum owners to identify and release underused spectrum?
- Contrasting “incentive auction” approaches with more “coercive” approach i.e. use or loose rules, possible imposition of fines for spectrum hoarding and under-use of spectrum
- What are the right “components” of an optimal auction design?
- Shared spectrum solutions and licensed / unlicensed paradigms – what are the benchmarks globally?
In the Chair
- Chris Chapman, Chairman, Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Ulf Pehrsson, Vice President of Government & Industry Relations, Ericsson
- Jonathan Thompson, CEO, Digital UK
- Thursday, 09 October 2014