International Institute of Communications

Tel:+44 (0)20 8544 8076
Fax:+44 (0)20 8544 8077

social twitter sm  social linkedin sm  social youtube sm  social facebook sm

Sweden goes for 1 Gbps and universal connections

Sweden is to become ‘completely connected’ by 2025, according to the government’s latest broadband strategy. It has set the objective of 98% of the population in homes and workplaces having access to a minimum 1 Gbps speed by 2025, with the remaining 2% at least having 100 or 30 Mbps. The strategy is in the hands of housing and digitisation minister, Peter Eriksson, which demonstrates the importance of working across sectors. The Swedish Post and Telecom Authority will play a central role, including consulting with the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning, the Land Survey, and the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions. See more here.

  • Thursday, 20 April 2017

Stay up to date with the IIC

Tell us how you'd like to stay informed about events, interviews and more from the IIC. 

My IIC Preferences

Follow us on Twitter