Spectrum Under Pressure
Connecting billions of devices in a converged communications world - balancing spectrum availability, efficiency and competition objectives.
- How is spectrum usage adapting as user demand patterns evolve?
- What spectrum is needed for which situations? Role of licensed / unlicensed, small cell, white spaces / cognitive radio
- How will the spectrum ecosystem evolve to accommodate conflicting connectivity requirements of the future?
- Developing a vision of convergence between a broadcasting platform and a broadband platform
- WRC planning for 2015 - what will the big hits be? There is an imperative for WRC-15 to identify the IMT-Advanced bands; will the regional band plan coordination be much better than the LTE experience?
In the Chair
- Dr Robert Pepper, Vice President, Global Technology Policy, Cisco Systems
- Ulrich Rehfuess, Head of Spectrum Policy and Regulation, Nokia Solutions and Networks
- Herman Schepers, Head of Regional Strategy and Government Affairs, GSM Association
- Thursday, 10 October 2013