Annual Conference 2018
thE 49TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
10-11 October 2018
The IIC’s 49th Annual Conference took place this year in Mexico City, following the International Regulators’ Forum. Around 250 senior executives and public policy-makers in the TMT sphere came together from across the globe to discuss big picture themes affecting the communications community. The key themes discussed are displayed below. In addition, a number of workshops and breakout sessions also took place over the two days. Expert speakers from around the world participated in the International Regulators’ Forum and Annual Conference, sharing their experiences with the issues which were debated.
Click here for information on Communications Policy & Regulation Week 2018.
Annual Conference Videos
A playlist containing all available videos from the 49th Annual Conference is available here. For individual videos by session, please view the Programme and click the links next to individual speakers or plenary sessions.
KEY DISCUSSION THEMES
There were focused breakout sessions and workshops on themes including:
- Net neutrality and zero rating – regulatory and competition authority approaches
- Privacy and data protection – balancing citizen, consumer and business agendas
- Cyber security and critical national infrastructure protection
- Tackling piracy and copyright protection - internet culture versus copyright
- Game changing technologies - Artificial intelligence / Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Aligning regional/ international spectrum to fuel new innovation opportunities: what comes next?
MAIN EVENTS FOR CPR WEEK
Delegates and speakers had the opportunity to meet informally at the close of the IRF programme ahead of the two-day Conference.
Conference Gala Dinner
Attendees enjoyed good food and the chance to discuss the day's proceedings.
IIC Annual General Meeting
11 October 2018: For Members, Trustees and Directors