The IIC works at the intersection of business and policy making and professional service providers can be part of a forum from which they get valuable insights into how regulators and policy members are responding to technology and market trends.
Reasons professional service providers join
Membership gives lawyers, consultants and analysts a forum in which they get…
- Valuable insights into how regulators and policy makers are responding to technology and market trends
- To form trust based, mutually beneficial relationships with senior leaders and industry experts
- To see emerging policy and economic trends across the converging digital ecosystem
- To showcase their practice’s expertise by chairing panels and leading workshops
- To hear all sides of the policy debate in a neutral collegiate environment
IIC Strategic Partner
Fee £12,000 per year
Strategic partnership is for global multi-practice consultants and lawyers. They work strategically with the IIC to set a discussion agenda from which businesses, economies and ultimately, wider society can benefit.
- Partners receive a full report of all meetings regardless of whether they can attend
- Free copies of the Yearbook, free subscription to InterMedia and invitations to speak at events and meetings
- All industry member organisations can attend TMF and Chapter meetings free of charge
- IIC Industry Partners are invited to be part of the advisory panel that sets the discussion agenda for IIC meetings
- All members can attend the Annual Conference. Strategic Partners get a 25% discount on the published fee.
- The IIC holds regular intimate dinners for IIC Partners to network in a closed environment
- IIC Partners are acknowledged at events, in signage and on the website
Full Associate Member
Fee £1,500 per year
This level of membership is for professional service providers such as lawyers, consultants or analysts that operate around the world advising clients in the telecoms, technology and media sector.
- Free copies of the Yearbook, free subscription to InterMedia and invitations to speak at events and/or chair meetings.
- All member organisations can attend TMF and Chapter meetings free of charge
- All associate members can attend the Annual Conference and associate members receive a 10% discount on the published fee
IIC Future Leaders' Forum
Fee £500 per year
Some of the most innovative and exciting ideas come from emerging markets and moreover, emerging individuals. The IIC gives up-and-coming lawyers a forum in which to build a network and learn from peers.
- FLF membership is free to individuals from existing member organisations
- Free subscription to InterMedia
- Invitation to some parts of TMF meetings held in their own region
- Free attendance at Chapter meetings anywhere in the world
- Future Leaders can attend the Annual Conference at a 50% discount
THE IIC ANNUAL REVIEW 2018-2019
The Annual Review, only available to members, captures the discussions, debates and outcomes of conversations that have taken place throughout the year, and looks forward to the key issues that will be debated in 2019.
Global Realities, National Choices: communications policy making in a cross-sectoral, cross-jurisdictional world
The IIC is looking for the people who will shape the future policy agenda for the telecoms, technology and media sectors and be tomorrow’s influencers. To this end, we are running a competition to encourage and promote original thought in the areas of communications and policy from the future leaders of the sector. The competition is open until 26 July 2019 and the winner gets paid travel and accommodation to present their entry at our 50th Annual Conference in London this October. Learn more.
Outcomes experienced by some Associate Members
"Chairing meetings and running workshops helps us show our expertise and build our knowledge and network in some highly specialist areas"
A view of new markets
"IIC regional meetings have given us useful insights and understanding of issues our clients need to consider when entering new markets"
The inside track
"I get to see how regulators and policy makers are really responding to market and technology trends. Hard to do unless you’re face to face"
"IIC meetings give me a forum to meet with existing and prospective clients in a neutral, collegiate environment where minds are open"
THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE IIC
Regulation and regulators are at the heart of the IIC. Discussions among and with them inform the future policy agenda
We provide a neutral space for collegiate debate of complex and controversial topics at the highest level
We take no official policy position, but the solid and meaningful outputs of our discussions are shared with members and form the bedrock of future decision making
We are committed to global and local inclusivity and seek membership from a diverse audience across the converged TMT sector